U. 21 B Championship Quarter Final

St. Martin’s U.21’s took on a fit and physical Emeralds side in Freshford today in the championship quarter final.  Playing on a sticky pitch, the going was tough.  Shane Kinsella got Martin’s first score on the board after he converted a free when Luke Maher was fouled.  The Urlingford side kicked into action with scores from Connor Martin (x2), Davy O’Gorman and Mick Fitzgerald for them them to go 0-4 to 0-1 up after eight minutes.  Coming up to mid way through the half, Shane Kinsella and Brian Troy exchanged points for their sides.  Jason Shore converted a long range free with David Walsh also pointing to close the gap on their opponents. (0-5 to 0-4)  Jason Shore did very well to save a a penalty struck well by Connor Martin heading towards half time.  The aforementioned, along with his colleague Jamie Ryan, extended Emerald’s side to leave three between the sides at half time.  (0-7 to 0-4)  St. Martin’s started off the second half as they did the first half, getting the first score of the half when Jason Shore pointed a free.  Shane Kinsella converted two more free’s in an attempt to close the gap.  However, Emeralds were the better team on the day with Connor Martin scoring his sides goal early on in the third quarter.  They drove on and earned themselves a nice lead which could not be closed.  Once again, Shane Kinsella closed the game with a fine point from play to leave the full time score Emeralds 1-14 to St. Martin’s 0-8.

Team: Jason Shore (0-2), Paddy Heffernan, Thomas Walsh, Shane Egan, David Walsh (0-1), Paddy Brennan, Robert Reid, Shane Kinsella (0-5), Jack Dowling, Luke Maher, Ruairí Kinsella, Mark Coady, Donal Shore, David Breen, Adrian Farrell.

Subs: Shane Walsh, James Callanan, Colm O’Neill, Shane Dowling, Alan Lawlor (all used), Loughlin Hogan, Ronan Tynan, John Joe Kelly, Jason Allen, Aidan Egan, William Trousdell, Eoin Murphy.

Team Management: Seamus Tynan, Conor Kinsella, Paul Maher, Joe Maher, Ollie Walsh

Referee: John Guinan

15th November 2014